Wikipedia:Ynnyd y phobble/2010
- Currently 41.54% of the MediaWiki messages and 5.88% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 16:01, 4 Jerrey Geuree 2010 (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
The call for applications for Wikimania Scholarships to attend Wikimania 2010 in Gdansk, Poland (July 9-11) is now open. The Wikimedia Foundation offers Scholarships to pay for selected individuals' round trip travel, accommodations, and registration at the conference.
For additional information, please visit the Scholarships information and FAQ pages:
2010 Fundraising Is Almost HereEdit
Hello Wikipedians, I am Dan Rosenthal and I am working for the Wikimedia Foundation during the 2010 Fundraiser. My job is to be the liaison between your community and the Foundation. This year's fundraiser is intended to be a collaborative and global effort; we recognize that banner messages which may perform well in the United States don't necessarily translate well, or appeal to international audiences.
I'm contacting you as I am currently looking for translators who are willing to contribute to this project by helping translate and localize messages into different languages and suggesting messages that would appeal to your readers on the Fundraising Meta Page. We've started the setup on meta for both banner submission, statistical analysis, and grouping volunteers together.
Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us, and add your feedback to the proposed messages as well! I look forward to working with you during this year's fundraiser. If someone could translate this message I would really appreciate it so that everyone is able to understand our goals and contribute to this year's campaign.
Drosenthal 23:04, 21 Jerrey Fouyir 2010 (UTC)
- Speaking personally: given the very small Manx speaker community, all of whom are bilingual at least, and my limited time, I don't feel that translating donation banners and messages is particularly productive compared to the work involved, when put against other ways I can work on the wiki that are less short-term. Not knocking the donation drive, just explaining why I won't be working on them. -- Shimmin Beg 08:01, 22 Jerrey Fouyir 2010 (UTC)
- That's understandable. Would you be able to help us find someone who would be willing to translate the fundraising messages? Drosenthal 15:21, 25 Jerrey Fouyir 2010 (UTC)
- Honestly, your best bet is probably this entry you've already made. The editor pool is pretty small here, so there's not really anyone I could ask who hasn't probably seen this already. -- Shimmin Beg 18:57, 25 Jerrey Fouyir 2010 (UTC)